September 14, 2006

Nothing is Lost

I have a phrase that I say to myself whenever I have misplaced something. "Nothing is lost in the eyes of God." It gives me the perspective that while I may not know where something is, it IS somewhere. I've found also, that given time, just about everything does reappear.

Way back during the early years of making my girls, I created a Garska Girl at the request of my Mom. She wanted to make an invitation for a party she was hosting. I made a special girl for her and she scanned it and made her invitations. The girl came back home and was a part of the collection for a long time.

Then a couple of years ago, I realized that she was missing. We had been through two moves by then. I'm organized as far as pictures, memorabilia, and of course the girls. I know where all my "stuff" is. I searched all over and checked with Mom. I even checked our old scanner to see if I had left it in there before we upgraded. I couldn't find her anywhere. It was puzzling but I knew that she really must be somewhere in the house. I also would say my special phrase whenever I thought of her, Nothing is lost in the eyes of God to myself.

I am happy to report that she did resurface. I must also admit that now, just a mere month later I can't exactly remember where I did find her. I do remember the feeling of awe when I saw her though. Confirmation again, that nothing is lost.

No comments: